Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Nourishing Gourmet

Part of my life's quest in finding a healthier way to live is finding a way to do it that tastes good! Today, I quite literally "stumbled" upon Kimi Harris's blog 'The Nourishing Gourmet'. This is a fantastic resource full of tasty recipes for a variety of dietary needs and budgets! I have only just begun to read it, but I subscribed and am looking forward to trying out her recipes. Tonight, we are going to be eating a modification of her "Curried Sprouted Lentils with a Ginger and Garlic Cilantro Sauce" Basically, due to time restrictions, we won't sprouting our lentils. If we like it, maybe next time. It is so tough when you are leaving town in the middle of the week (we're going to the see the last shuttle launch!!!) to not buy the market when reading blogs like Kimi's!

Update:
We ended up not eating the Curried Sprouted Lentils with a Ginger and Garlic Cilantro Sauce on the night I made this post...and thus, our lentils sprouted anyways, but my better half got over his fear of sprouted things, and we discovered a new favorite! If you like lentils (and curry, ginger, etc.) you'll LOVE this recipe. My one suggestion would be to double the sauce recipe...however, my nickname is "saucy wench" and there is no pun there...I really like sauces, in general, so judge for yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment